LilJon

Sidemount a Sony HC3/5/7

Sorta...I side mounted (very half assed) an HC 3 using a Cookie box. Super PITA to get on/off, and the box opens to the inside, or next to the helmet.
It's just not feasible given the way the cam is built and the way the boxes are built. You *could* put one on the right side of a helmet that is flat on the right side, or build an L bracket for the right side...But the box still won't open, because then the hinge is on the helmet side.

Sorta...I side mounted (very half assed) an HC 3 using a Cookie box. Super PITA to get on/off, and the box opens to the inside, or next to the helmet.
It's just not feasible given the way the cam is built and the way the boxes are built. You *could* put one on the right side of a helmet that is flat on the right side, or build an L bracket for the right side...But the box still won't open, because then the hinge is on the helmet side.

That is what is holding me back from buying an HC3. I don't really want to have video and stills up top. In fact, with the helmet I have it wouldn't really work. I very much want HD though. I wish they would make a Pistol style HD camera. If I do end up getting one it will mean that I have to choose between SD+stills or HD. That isn't a bad thing because I think my flying style differs when going for stills vs. video but none the less, it isn't optimal.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka