matt3sa

Using Digital Cameras....

Hey everyone. At the beginning of 2006 I bought a Pentax SLR digital. This was my first season doing video/photos. I'm glad I went SLR digital, but I have some questions about the best way to set the camera. I've already set the range and focus manually and applied gaffers tape so that the setting won't move. I also put the camera on the manual setting. From there, this is where I have questions. There are several settings on the main selector switch... for example: Portrait mode, tv, av, etc. I started the season using full manual mode and actually adjusting the tv and av manually depending on the light. I worked out well. Lately I've been using a setting that automatically sets the tv and av, but it tends to provide more frequent blurry pictures. Any suggestions on things I could try? What works best for you?

Thanks everyone,
Matt

Have you done any reading yet to tell wxactly what adjusting the shutter or apature really does? I'd recommend reading a photography book so you understand that and then you will understand why on each jump the settings might need adjusted and what they need adjusted to.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Like Phree says, read a photography book. In the meantime, set the camera to tv, shutterspeed to 1/400 and let the camera make up the aperture. You want to end up with an aperture of +- f/8 but not too slow a shutterspeed (1/320 for sunset loads, 1/500 for sunny days). After you read the book you will know why and can make ajustments (or jump different settings).

ciel bleu,
Saskia