dmcoco84

PLEASE HELP!!!! - Sony PC Handycam Series

Aight….I’m in a bit of a jam! I have a Sony PC105 that recently broke. External lens and focus piece broke off. (but otherwise the camera works fine, just can’t focus it and not sure if its on auto) I’ve got a warranty but the parts and repair are gonna cost 600+ so they won’t fix it.

I’m heading to Switzerland Nov. 2nd for BASE and I can’t go without a camcorder!! I’ve been trying to find either a pc1000 or pc350 but the only retailers online I see that carry it are sold out.

Are there any other Sony pc models out there that are new??

What about other companies that are like the pc series?? The upright rectangle style.

The warranty company is gonna give me some $$ at depreciated value to buy a new one. I was thinking I could use that money and pay the difference to get my pc105 fixed. Even though the guy was trying to talk me out of it because he said it will just break again.

Help!!! Any suggestions. I’ve got 7 business days!

Coco

It really depends on what you are doing with the camera. If your gonna put together movies that you plan on distributing, get a nice camera. But if your just doin tandem and ff vids for shits and giggles, get a used pc off ebay or somethin. I used to want the best, but cameras break all the time, and it gets expensive and annoying to replace them. As far as brand....I wouldn't get much other than the Sony brand, they seem to be the only one to hold up decently to what we put them thru.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Aight….I’m in a bit of a jam! I have a Sony PC105 that recently broke. External lens and focus piece broke off. (but otherwise the camera works fine, just can’t focus it and not sure if its on auto) I’ve got a warranty but the parts and repair are gonna cost 600+ so they won’t fix it.

I've had exactly the same problem with my PC105. I was able to somewhat fix it (I took it apart and glued the plastic part that was broken), but it's not an optimal situation. I've posted to a local ebay-type site, asking if anyone has a old/broken PC105 which I could buy for parts. Because the camera itself is a nice camera.

That said, if anyone in Europe has a PC105 that they want to sell (doesn't have to work), please let me know.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I have had the 110, 115 and 120. I have found that I like the color and clarity of my 120's more than of the others. Also, I wont buy any PC series camera unless it has the 37mm lens on it. The smaller lenses just dont get the color and light as the 37's. Good luck.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....