Jodans

Newbie with desire but no video

Ok I know this might be a long shot, but I will never know the answer unless I ask.
Here's the deal.
I'm still saving up to get licensed to jump, then I will have to save for my gear then for my camera gear.
This will probably be a while considering my income.

But I own a computer and have access to video editing program(s).
The catch? I have no video.
So I thought perhaps I could post on the forums and maybe some of you might have video that you either don't know how to edit into a jump video or raw footage you used for a jump video that you might let me play around with.

My stipulations:
1.) I will not be using any of the videos for profit.
2.) If provided I will give credit to the featured jumpers and cameraperson(s) that shot the video.
3.) If requested I will give you a copy.

All I ask is for some video and/or stillshots to play around with and permission to show it off to my friends. Both to show them the creativeness in my work and the joys of skydiving. (Yeah, Im working on converts even though Im not a licensed jumper yet.)

Thanks,
Jeff

Feel free to instant message me with questions/concerns or to set up sending video.
Or E-mail me at [email protected]

Jodans

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.

What about your local DZ? No videots available who can give you some raw video footage to play with?

I think that on all DZs i was before you can find someone who gives you some footage. But try to provide all tools required in order to make footage transfer as easy and as fast as possible. And remember: Cold beer can be used as lubricant ;-)

BTW. which kind of footage can you handle? DV PAL on MiniDV tapes?

Stefan

I don't know much about the local DZ.
I don't have my own camera ATM nor a laptop or easily portable storage device to grab video.
They charge $100 a jump to videotape someone jumping.

As far as what I can handle, I am used to MPEG, AVI and WMV though prefer not to use WMV.
I've never dealt with DV PAL, not really sure what it is. But if it is a new file type Im sure something can be found to either read it or convert it.

Jodans

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.

I've never dealt with DV PAL, not really sure what it is. But if it is a new file type Im sure something can be found to either read it or convert it.

I suggest for starters you have a quick look at this:
http://www.spie.org/app/education/index.cfm?fuseaction=VideoFormats

I think what Stef is asking is how are you able to receive some footage - i.e. can you deal with Mini DV tapes and if so, what format are you on, PAL or NTSC. If you want to play your tapes on a TV this is important.

It sounds like you can only deal with computer files which may well limit you somewhat. Might be worth stumping up for a camera so your local videots can firewire you some footage if they feel so inclined and you can learn about the capture part of the process too!

Good luck.
Never try to eat more than you can lift