seekfun

EOS 20D / PRO MOUTH SWITCH - DIGITAL PLUG

I'm in the process of setting up a camera helmet and am curious about a product I've found.

I bought the Pro Mouth Switch - Digital Plug at Para Gear (item L1380). The switch is advertised to continuously activate the auto focus when auto focus is enabled.

Does anyone have any experience with this switch? I am concerned with having the Al-Servo focus continuously churning away while climbing out, exiting, etc. Any opinions on this?

Also, if anyone knows: if I choose to shoot in manual focus, will I have any issues with this???

Thanks,

Chris

(Note, I've still got some time to invest in getting this helmet ready, so I'll be around 225 jumps or so when I begin flying it.)
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

I have found problems with continous autofocus activation. Some versions of the camera software will not fast write out the buffer memory if the autofocus is going. Or something like that.

All I know is that a guy at my DZ was having problems with burst shots. He would burst on exit, take some more in freefall, and try to burst on deployment and it wouldn't work. The camera was not clearing the buffer memory. He was using the single pole conceptus switch and when he got the double pole one it fixed the problem.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I jump my Nikon D70S on aurofocus when doing wingsuit jumps yes whenever i turn the camera on the autofocus keeps going (i'm using stereo bite/tongue switches from conceptus) plus the lightmetering. If I shoot manual the light metering keeps going. So you have to watch your batteries a bit more. But it still shoots at 3fps for as long as I want it to...

No clue about the pro mouth switch. But you definately need a stereo plug if you want to shoot autofocus, and you also need a stereo plug if you have a Canon 300D/digi rebel (even when shooting manual focus) because otherwise it won't clear it's buffer as fast.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Have a 10d. On af, camera has to refocus at each movement so it cant get a shot off when switch is continually pressed on. Leave lens at mf and decide how close the lens will let you get to your subject (or visa versa). have found eos to m42 (old screw in lens) converter. got 28mm lens for €8.... Same with film camera.