vdschoor

rollcage for HC-1

I don't know of any being built by the major stock helmet companies, but Wes Rich in DeLand, of Rim World Video, makes customs helmets and composite mounts. He made a mount for Perry Trowbridge's HC1, which you can sort of see in this picture I took.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but for what it's worth, there is at least one person out there I know of with a sort of "roll cage" on his HC1.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

you may not see anyone going commercial with one, since the cam was discontinued in April...Replaced by the HC3

I still ordered that one though, B&H is still selling it, and I've seen it in action in the air, since several people are jumping it already.

I know there are still a few out there, just that Sony discontinued it. It's a much nicer camera for many purposes than the HC3, but as it stands, Sony misjudged the market and didn't build enough of them, and as a result, they sold short. The A1U is still out there, and NOT discontinued, in fact Sony has some rebates on the professional version of the HC1. It's the same body, but I don't know that skydiving videographers/photographers care about the better features of the A1 vs the HC1. Personally, I do, but on the video side, I'm probably a bit more anal about glass image quality vs post work than most folks are.