Nataly

Capturing from DVD to Studio 9

Hey all you gurus! I may be able to get the original VHS tape, but if not, how would I go about capturing footage that was burnt onto a DVD?

(Sorry I use an ancient program and that I'm asking such an ignorant question!)

Thanks in advance!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

You can import the .vob file directly, if I remember right. Pinnacle 9 was never stable for me so I gave up on it a long time ago. Most apps will import the .vob file directly tho. If worse comes to worse, just play the DVD on a player and capture the analog out the same way you capture VHS.

> how would I go about capturing footage that was burnt onto a DVD?
You can do it easily with Nero.
Using Nero Recode you can import ANY sort of video footage, DVD files included. You can copy the VIDEO_TS folder from DVD onto your HD, and then tell Nero to load that VIDEO_TS folder on your HD; then, you can edit it, create your own menu, burn your own DVD.
Other software's can do that (=directly import DVD files), TMPGEnc is one of them.
A freeware software than can convert ANY video format into ANY video format is SUPER (go Google for it: SUPER Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer). SUPER does not accept the VIDEO_TS folder but it does accept the single .VOB files; then, you can do whatever you like with them.
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Duh...I gotta second and third the Recode option. It's a great tool for this, particularly their latest version. It will generate the file for you, that Pinnacle 9 will be able to read.
Nero is a good toolkit to have on hand anyway.