Grush

Lower Pay

Has anyone ever had a DZO lower the pay?

We are now getting $5 less per video and while not a lot it's hard to swallow with getting to the DZ costing more than ever and rigging prices going up.

Thank for the input!

Is that price plus jump and video edited ? Do you give the passanger the video that day or do you send it to them later? Are you supplying the disks or tapes and your computer or editing equipment, i.e. the DZ is not giving anything towards your supplies?

Finally what is the passanger paying for a video....

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

We are now getting $5 less per video and while not a lot it's hard to swallow with getting to the DZ costing more than ever and rigging prices going up.

What are they charging for video? Did that go up or down? Whats the two or three year history of the video price, video pay, and the price of a slot.

Keep in mind that the slot ocst is rolled into the cost of video. As the slot price goes up, that money has to come from somewhere. If the video price hasn't changed in a few years, there's your $5.

If all the camera guys are OK with it, have the DZO raise the price by $5, and get your back up where it belongs.

I took the same cut last summer and i cover all of my own supplies.I hear of a lot of others are getting paid better than i am + the dz supplies all of there editing supplies and computers too....... Go figure
The only way to make it up is by selling the digital stills along with prints which goes in my pocket.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................