packerboy

Canon Rebel XT 75-300

I am buying a Rebel XT for someone for X-mas. It comes with a 18-55, but has the option of getting a 75-300 also included with a case and battery for $300 extra CDN$.

I am not a photographer at all. Is 75-300 lens worth spending the extra $300? Is it something that is usefull in skydiving?

My photography mentor "Fuzzy" is on vacation at CSS, otherwise I would ask him.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Hey Trevor

Also sent you a private message.

On vacation, but still need to be wired for work stuff so it's not as hectic when we get back [:/]

If its the lens I think it is (based on the price 75-300 1:4-5.6), I have the same one and us it to play around. There are definetly better (& more expensive) lenses but this one has taken some good pic's for me. If it's a package deal, take a look and see what the regular prices are for it.

Edited to say:
Like mentioned above, for the price it's been an "ok" lens for me to play around with.

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

Just get the kit alone. When it comes to lenses, longer zooms are very sensitve to price, as in a good, long lens will cost a fortune. Your friend might not need a lens as long as a 300, and could get get by with a 200, or maybe shorter. For the same money as an average 300, they could get an above average shorter lens.