StevePhelps

camera wings question

I wear a jacket with RSL clips on it so i can change where my wings clip in. I clip them to the outside of my leg straps when i need less drag and to the inside when i need more drag or more range. I am by NO means a professional. These are just my tactics.:D I feel like my wings (the way they are designed) spill more air when clipped to my hips verses clipped to the inside of my legs.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I wear a jacket with RSL clips on it so i can change where my wings clip in. I clip them to the outside of my leg straps when i need less drag and to the inside when i need more drag or more range. I am by NO means a professional. These are just my tactics.:D I feel like my wings (the way they are designed) spill more air when clipped to my hips verses clipped to the inside of my legs.

Ditto! ;)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

With the wings clipping on the inside will aid you to be stable in a sit. They will act like arm rests.
If you sit with the wings clipping to the outside it is more difficult. Wings tend not to work together, one goes forward and one back and you spin. clipping on the inside the inflate forward together-cool fun for video
TQ
I am me and you are you, so deal with it!!!
www.skydivepe.com

In 1300 jumps with wings I have noticed that there is tons of range by repositioning your arms, i.e. flying more mantis vs flying big with your arms straight out. Other than back flying (which I think has more to do with how the wings are attached to your arms, not hips), I can't imagine a small 2 inch clip difference is something that fixing your technique will overcome unless it dramatically changes how tight your wings are. Did that come out right?

I can't imagine a small 2 inch clip difference is something that fixing your technique will overcome unless it dramatically changes how tight your wings are. Did that come out right?

I agree with you. However i have noticed that even with arms in the same position ( i also fly a modified mantis with my wings on) my wings clipped to the inside of my legs gives me more range than when they are clipped on the outisde of my thighs.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I can only comment from my own recent experience and the advice of my new vidiot buddy. (he has 9000 jumps, so I guess I can learn from him ;))

The clips on the inside of the thigh make my wings a little stiffer and let less air spill between the wings and my suit. That is a good thing when you weigh 225# and the TM and tandem student don't weigh that combined. B|

steveOrino