mgattini

Newton Eyesight

One of the main real differences is cost. I currently jump a cheap plastic one. As long as it is sighted correctly, I've never had any real problems keeping my shots in frame. Granted the newton sights may be a bit more accurate, you tend to get a feel for what you are looking at anyway and just line up the shot.

USPA Strong T-I, AFF-I, Coach, Videographer/photographer.

I have never used the cheapo ones, but do know that when my sight is off, I know cuz the prizm deals in the glass are off. If the sight is moved to the side, the center of the sight is no longer in the center(I know that's a horribel explanation). It's worth the mula in my opinion...and I'm a cheap bastard.
my pics & stuff!

I jumped the orange lolipop, but upgraded to the Concentric ring sight when my wife gave me one.

There is absolutely no comparison. Since switching to the Concentric sight, my video is more stable, better centered, and my photos are more accurate too.

A big advantage of the concentric site is that you can use the rings to gauge how close you should be. Also, based on the size of the formation you can pick a different ring, and then make that ring surround the entire formation.

Plus, the optics are simply amazing. I didn't do any physics so how it works is beyond me, but I can testify that it's very cool. Even if your helmet is misaligned, the rings will tell you where the helmet is pointing. It's so much more than a straight line of sight through the ring.

At one point, I had:

$1,500 PC-120
$900 Digital Rebel
$450 15mm lens
$600 Bonehead FTP

and a $50 lolipop ring sight. You can tell where my priorities where. They were wrong. I should have upgraded to the concentric sight LONG ago...

Keep in mind, I'm talking about the Brent Finlay concentric sight. I know nothing about the newton Cross sight.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.