velocityphoto

Pc-1 video problem

I have 3 pc-1's and this past weekend i had an error flashing on the screen of 2 of them saying cleaning cassette . Anyone have anything like this before ? I ran a dry head cleaner thru them both ,but havn't got to try them out in ff yet.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

That has happened to my PC105 before as well. The conclusion I came to is that the camera got a bit damp, not full on wet, but enough that the camera wigged out. I let my camera sit in a climate controlled room for a couple of hours and it was fine, never saw the error again and haven't had any sort of problems since.

Although this could be a different situation, it does sound very very similar to what happened to me.

Good luck.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It was strange because the air is dry as hell here right now ,packing is a bitch it's so dry ..
I'll see what happens this weekend.....

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

It was strange because the air is dry as hell here right now

Maybe that would make the introduction of a little bit of moister even more of a problem? Couldn't say for sure, but possibly.

What happened with mine is that I had my camera in a pocket of my camel back while walking around and videoing stuff at collegates this past year, the bladder was sweating and got moisture in the camera. Immediately I had the same problem as you described.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Tried out one of them today on a non paying video, and it seemed fine . I just hope the dry head cleaner did the trick on all of them !
Thanks A Bunch !