avenfoto

kodak 14n

just wondering if anyone else out there is shootiing with the 14n... we have one here at work ( i work in a studio) and the quality is almost medium format..
the only issue would be speed maybe...
im pretty sure the belgian army cam flyer was using one... im interested in the mounting bracket as i would like to use it in a vertical orientation......
any feedback here would be helpful.

Personaly i'd stay away from that camera for skydiving because of weight size and speed of it. But if you want advise on this camera ? Norman Kent shoots one on his ftp. (www.normankent.com) i believe? I see your jump numbers are relatively low . Have you jumped any camera yet ?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Henny Wiggers used one at the World Team Thailand 2004 record jumps. The camera mostly kinda sucked in the air. Except for a few awesome pics when the camera worked as it should. See http://www.parashoot.nl.

Do a search, I think I detailed the probs somewhere before. Norman's camera seems to have less problems but also has the milky layer problem sometimes.

Henny ended up returning the camera (and the 2nd one too).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

yeah.. you would definatley have to not overshoot, and maybe even purchase the buffer upgrade :(
but as you said.. "Except for a few awesome pics when the camera worked as it should." .. thats more what im going for.. quality in excess of most else out there...
what exactly is this "milky layer" problem? some kind of humidity/moisture buildup?

I have been using one for the last year. It is really a studio camera and not great for sports photography. BUT, if you want to shoot 80 photos on a dive and pick out the best one, I guess the 20D is right. If you set up your shots and shoot just what you want, it is a GREAT camera for skydiving. Here is a direct link to one shot with it. http://www.tonyhathaway.com/fotoserv/preview_large.php4?event=1302005/120March&image=031105-03.jpg
OR you can look at my site and everything from April, 2004 to last week was ALL shot with the 14n. -Tony [url]www.tonyhathaway.com
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

Probably not moisture, I think the chip moves about in freefall.Not a problem you can solve :(

Also one thing is a hassle, which AFAIK they haven't fixed yet: in freefall even if you turn the position sensor off, every photo goes every which way, so you have to turn most photo's around. Just a bug, but annoying because these are big files so I can't turn them around quickly on my laptop.

ciel bleu,
Saskia