pilotdave

Anyone got high res video to donate for a new site?

Ok, I was recently contacted by DivX Networks, the people that make the DivX codec and player. They're launching a new "action sports Bit Torrent server..." that "...will host everything from extreme unicycling to wing suits."

They're looking for uncompressed high resolution video, which they will compress using DivX and host on their server, supposedly at DVD-like quality.

They want to work with SkydivingMovies.com (ie host the files, which we'd link to). I'm not sure how that'd work. I'm not really all that interested.

But, as long as they're creating the site, I figured it would be nice if it included some good skydiving stuff and not Real TV type clips.

I have no clue how they want to get the video...I'd assume you'd have to send DVDs... maybe they can handle DV tapes... I can find out if anybody cares.

I doubt they'll pay for video either. I think their purpose is to show off the DivX technology with some nice high res videos that people might actually want to watch. I don't know anything more about the type of site they'll use or anything.

If anyone's interested in sharing some video, let me know (send a PM or email) and I'll get the details. I won't bother looking further into it if nobody has video to donate.

Dave

Hehe. I actually got a few PMs and emails. I'm still waiting to hear back from the DivX guy about compensation. Maybe a free copy of DivX Pro or something at least.

So there are a few of you that shoot video for more than just the fame and big bucks. :P

If he gets back to me with more details, I'll post em.

Dave

I think you lost all but Douva at this line..."I doubt they'll pay for video either."

ltdiver

Hey, i am his camera flyer and you didn't see me agreeing with him did you?;):D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I think you lost all but Douva at this line..."I doubt they'll pay for video either."

ltdiver

Hey, i am his camera flyer and you didn't see me agreeing with him did you?;):D

Sorry Jeff. :P Next time he straps on a video camera remind him of his posts, though. ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon