BethUK

DCR PC 109E

hey People!

I just bought the pc109 camera from someone for a very good price, figured I could sell it on it it was no good for skydiving - I read through some previous posts regarding how good it is but they seemed inconclusive! I am wanting to use it with a 2K Composites FF2 helmet - is this possible? If there are already threads on this could someone point me to a good one?!

Thanks!

Beth

PS Does anyone know what the 'E' on the end stands for? DCR PC109E <----- !
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

Start with the link below. To summarize what I can recall from many threads.

The PC 109 is a pretty good skydiving video camera, one of the smallest and lightest, but not as good a picture as those with larger chips. Some complain about the docking station that is required to do a firewire, but several posts about the docking station having to be hooked to power to do a firewire are erroneous. The camera has a lanc port for the cam-eye. It is on the right side and has created a problem for some, but it can be dealt with.

The 2 K Composites helmet can be ordered to fit the PC 109 or a used helmet can be modified if it does not fit immediately.

Ed

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1108540;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I have a PC109E and 2K composites FF2.
They are very good together.
The only criticism I could possibly have is that the Camera 'Box' on the helmet is one size......and comes with foam inserts to fit to the size of the camera....you specify when ordering
For the PC 109 with a low profile lense ( eg Royal Lense) the box is a little big......because the camera is so small!!......so I have added extra foam inserts to 'pad it out' more
Other than that its a great setup.....looks good...secure...and (with a low profile lense) there are virtually no snag points on the system.
The cutaway system with the helmet is excellent as well...

Ditto....on the docking station....alot has been said of how much of a pain it can be to do firewire transfers......well its not that bad....the docking station is pretty small. Its about the same nuisance as remembering to bring a firewire cable with you !

The 'E' is simply for 'European' model ( ie PAL) as opposed to the PC109 ......an NTSC (US) version.

How much did your cam cost you if you dont mind me asking?