WrongWay

Custom camera boxes?

Does anyone know of any company/individual who makes custom camera boxes? What I'm really looking for is a sidemount box similar to RAWA's double holed box so I can fly my camera straight up or upside down without changing a bunch of crap around. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Get a good book on fiberglass that has a section on making enclosures. An experience jumper at our DZ wrapped his camera with cellophane and used it as a template to form a box. The process I guess is time consuming, but the results were awesome.

Good luck.......post your results!

An experience jumper at our DZ wrapped his camera with cellophane and used it as a template to form a box. The process I guess is time consuming, but the results were awesome.

That's what I did. It came out pretty good, considering its the first one I've made. It really is not that hard. All you need is some sandpaper, fiberglass and resin, and a dremel tool is invaluable. Wrap the camera in plastic wrap or wax paper or something similiar, and start wrapping it with fiberglass soaked in resin. Take you time and it will come out pretty good. Thought I had a pic saved on my computer of mine. I'll post one when I find it.:)

...some sandpaper, fiberglass and resin, and a dremel tool...

Having worked in composite manufacturing, for a long time, let's say that you should definately add a mask w/ HEPA filter to this list. 13$ at a auto supply store, and worth it's weight in gold. Also, I'd recommend long sleeves.

Cloth composites are excellent building materials, but, even with very short-term exposure they can still bite you in the ass. :)
.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Hmmm.....I could try that. Only problem is....I'm not the most "handy" of "handymen". :D I'll figure somethin out. :P Thanks!!!!

Really though, I'm quite surprised that nobody besides RAWA makes a box like that. I wonder why....:S

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Hey dude !go to this link for custom mounting your cameras (www.rimworldvideo.com) this guy is the shit for this stuff! You nmae it he can mount it (the right way) LOL! He's a little pricy but well worth it in the long run ...
Lonnie

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................