bigway

canon 300v, Any good??

I have just phoned jessops but they were to busy to talk but did confirm that they have the camera in store and will sell it for 220 pounds.
I think i will go down to southampton in a few minutes and have a look. I just want a good camera for my travells around scandenavia through xmas and then also something that will go with my sony .6
Cheers for that link.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Seeing as the 75-300 is £120 on it's own, the £220 bundle is definitely a good deal... Park Cameras seem to be really good on the digital bundles, but not so many deals available on the non-digital side.

I did have a quick search for 300V on the Jessops' site before I replied to you the first time and couldn't find a deal that comes close to the one you mention, unless it's a store-only promo or price match.

Happy shopping!

I jump a 300D with the 18-55mm kit lens. Haven't used it on paid-for tandems, but it works well enough for mates doing tandems, fun jumps and from above a 4-way at a filming distance... An 18mm on the 300D translates to the equivalent of a 28.8mm on non-digital (1.6 multiplication factor between digital & non-digital) so essentially the wide end of your lens would be roughly the same as what people are getting from the 18-55 on the digi...

A lot of people doing professional work on tandems are using a 15mm fisheye with the 300D, which translates to about 24mm on the 300V so you wouldn't be far off and it would probably be fine for learning on, but I'd imagine you'd probably want to go a touch wider when you've got the experience to get in super close for that 'money-shot'!

If you search the threads around here you'll see the 300D has had it's share of problems. Not ruling it out completely, but if you want to be a pro, you might invest in the 20D (or better yet a 10D that someone thinks they need to get rid of....)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

well i just found out the 300v over here is the american wording for the rebel Ti.
Anyways i bought it for 220 pounds. with it i got a camera bag, a 28-105mm and a 75-300mm.
not bad for the price.
thanks for all the advice on stills and all the PM's.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

well i just found out the 300v over here is the american wording for the rebel Ti.
Anyways i bought it for 220 pounds. with it i got a camera bag, a 28-105mm and a 75-300mm.
not bad for the price.
thanks for all the advice on stills and all the PM's.

ACHTUNG BABY !!! (just love this album from U2)
The 300v is NOT the REBEL, the 300d is...

The 300v is the "normal" film camera, not the digital... The 300d would be more like 600£, but there is actually a reimbursement of 100€ by Canon on 3ood's purchased in most of european countries before end of january 2005

Sorry to break a dream [:/]

EOS 300V

The EOS 300V is an analogue SLR film camera that combines high end features and performance within a compact, lightweight and robust metallic body. It also offers the fastest autofocus in its class*.

EOS 300D

The EOS 300D is the affordable digital SLR that everyone has been waiting for. It marries the power of digital photography with the feature set and expandability that are synonymous with the EOS name.

from the Canon UK website
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

no dream broken there mate, the dream was broken when i bought my new rig and canopy's, cant afford anything more.

Well i bought the 300v anyways, knowing it was a film camera. On the instructions though it is called the 300v rebel Ti.

Before the 330d came out, there were film cameras called rebels.
Were there not?

Anyways, i worked out a deal out with the girlfriend, as soon as i have the cash for the 300d she will buy my 300v off me and one of my pc 105's.
(Aint it nice having g/f's who appreciate second hand cameras.)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Anyways, i worked out a deal out with the girlfriend, as soon as i have the cash for the 300d she will buy my 300v off me and one of my pc 105's.
(Aint it nice having g/f's who appreciate second hand cameras.)

that's the perfect deal. And you must'nt be so broke to have several PC105 B| I wish I could have a couple of them too... And to get me a stills camera...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I got 2 pc 105's. I got a coverplan on it when i bought it. My car got broken into. cam got stolen and then i got a replacement from the coverplan.
2 months later the police ring up and say they have recovered my camera and my laptop from a raid on a house.
I was in no position to argue with the officer:P I have held on to it just in case the store ever rings up and says, they want one back, but that was a while ago now. I should try to call them i know, but......um...um, i cant remember where i got it from:P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store