JJ269J

I'm getting a Flat top Narrow!!!!

Hey guys!
I'm soon to get a sweet flat top narrow bonehead. I just wanted to see if anyone that has one, mount the still on top and the video in front. I have never personally seen this but I bet one of you have. I would do it like that because I have a PC100, and canon G2, and I think it will be more low profile if I put the PC100 in front. any suggestions on why I should or should not do this. I don't have the helmet yet but the only issue I can think of is the weight in front. Your opinions are always welcomed.

This is the helmet with the bad a** cut away system. I will post some pics after I get it and assemble everything.

Talk to a few jumpers that have them from here. It seems most of them put both items up top. Have the video camera look over the still camera.

Putting a PC100 on the front of a helmet is having it stick out way too far in my opinion. Try to keep the weight close to the center of your spine. It does less neck damage in a hard opening that way. Mount the still towards the front up top (but far enough back not to be a snag hazzard) and the camera on a riser block behind it.

Look at a full FTP. the added mounting space is always a nice thing to have, plue it gives you a lot more options on how to mount things.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I *might* try to put a smaller camera like a 105 out front if I had to, but the 100 is too big. I'd put it on top and the still out front or work out a riser to put the PC100 on top behind the still.

Why not look at the FTP and get the extra space?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Why not look at the FTP and get the extra space?

Because I already paid for the narrow, and I got an excellent deal on it. I was thinking about building a new helmet but wasn't really in a hurry, but then I ran into this so I went for it.

Maybe I try couple of configurations, I like the idea of putting both on top with the video behind the still on a riser block or something.