Jumpmunki

Not Freefall Related, But After A Critique

hi lads, and ladies

i'm after a critique of my photography if you guys wouldn't mind....

please have a look at http://www.aspp82.dsl.pipex.com/shop.htm

please note that i'm not pushing to sell these images i mearly want a critique, and seeing as there already online at that page it seams the most logical thing to do, if theres a problem i'll slave and make another page for people to view

thanks in advance!!!

Wayne
(76 jumps till i can jump camera int he uk) :(

The compression ratio on the main page doesn't look too good.

In particular the typography shows quite a bit of compression blockiness and is difficult to look at and read.

Also, it looks as if the photos have been distorted in their aspect ratios for the sake of page layout. Did you want them to look that way?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

how do you mean? the squares on the main page? they are cropped to that just to add a little colour.. they arn't ment to be display full size images .... i've had a few people coment on that, but without them the front page looks bland ..

i went for a jpg to reduce the size of the image instead of a gif to speed up the loading process.. it seams to have done no favours ...

all images are 10x8 in the "shop" and also the portfolio .. they are cropped from 35mm format ...

i'm going to go back to the gifs ...