sputnik

Experiences with Liquid Edition 5.5

does anyone work with liquid edition 5.5?
got the demo version yesterday, really looks great, and the tutorial promises a lot!

so, i know the pros, can you see any cons, in your point of view?

thanks for input!

Life's NOT a journey!

I've worked with Edition 5.1 (prior version to Liquid) for a while and I like it. It takes a while to figure out but once you do you can put together some pretty cool stuff. If you'd like to see a few examples, and these are just rough cuts I put on the net, go to skydivingmovies.com and do a search for "mike zban" and take a peek. The biggest con I found is the Logging Tool. Edition assigns each clip a numeric name based on the time code of the tape and you basically give each clip a nick-name. Unless every one of your tapes is striped prior to recording, or if you always manage to record the entire tape without a skip in time code you won't have a problem. BUT if you do have a skip in the time code, clips previously captured with the same time will be recorded over the previous ones. Those clips are subsequently replaced on the timeline and then the mess really begins. I got around it by using other capture software it works just fine.