SSkydiver

Sabre 150 life

Im not doubting the credibility of the owner, but Im amazed that every rig I see on ebay has a man. date from 10 years ago and only 50 jumps on it. Lots of rigs sitting in closets and idle skydivers I suppose.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

That is not really true in many cases currently on E-bay. I just looked and there were a number of canopies that were listed at well over 500 jumps and one, a Stiletto 97 at 1500 jumps with 300 on the line set. I am going to put a Sabre 135 with a '92 DOM with ~700 jumps but a honest 2 jumps on a new line set when I get a few pics taken, probably this weekend. It has been in a closet for about 6 years so what does that mean, am not telling the truth becuse I say it has been stored for a period of time?? I agree that you have to be carefull if you see an older DOM canopy with a scant few jumps, like 50 or 100. I would ask lots of questions if there is a question of the reliability of the item offered.

SS, as to your question on if the canopy is worth getting. I have seen canopies that are in immaculate condition that are 10+ years old and dont have many jumps. You have to be careful though becuse if there was some mis-storage then there will be weak areas. HAVE THE CANOPY INSPECTED THROUGHLY. $550 may be a good price again depending on the condition as determined by a quality examiner that you trust. Are all cnopies being offered either on E-bay or other boards being sold truthfully, probably a % of them are not but I thik if you ask questions and dont get a "run around" answer you may be OK. Lets face it, the society that we live in is one of not as much "what is it worth" but more of "What is someone willing to pay for it!" Most people are honest but unfortunantly some are not..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Well I just bought a sabre 120 from 94 with ~ 900 jumps on it. Other than updating a few things like kill lines on the slider it's in great condition. The things to look for are where was it jumped. Mine was jumped in lush green MN....now if it was in dry dusty AZ I would have passed on it.
Fly it like you stole it!

SSkydiver where did you see this? My friend is selling a Sabre 150 with the same number of jumps and same date. Sounds like the same chute.

John D-24352

Hey John. The Sabre is actually advertised by Cousin Daves website. I e-mailed them about the main but havent heard beack from them yet.