lilryno

Making a Malfunction "Simulator"

Hey all,

Making a Video CD malfuction trainer for my wife and I. One of the features it will have is several chapters of short clips. These short clips will be footage of canopy openings and the malfunctions. Also part of the clip will include an altimeter in the bottom left side of the screen. We would use this by one of us simulating a dive while the other hits the next button on the remote to a preprogrammed "malfunction clip" and hits pause. When she gets to throwing out her pilot chute in her simulated dive I would hit play...and she would see whatever type of malfunction is there...if any...and would take corrective action. Then pause would be hit again...the altimeter read...and we could talk about timing etc. That's the goal. So we are looking for any video footage taken under canopy of openings and/or malfunctions for our simulation. We've got some good stuff from "Cutaway" and are just looking for other video out there to give the simulator more options. Any comments or suggestions (or video clips!) would be very much appreciated. B|

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=4
Try here.

I might be tempted to embed the video footage in something like Powerpoint, this way you can use stills, and text etc to emphasise the point.
And I'd be careful about broadcasting the fact that you are pilfering video from a commercial source (Cutaway). Copyright issues and all that.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Good idea and great link! Very helpful. Yeah, I imagine there are some copyright issues though I bought the video and so it's probably still considered personal use. But you're right...you never know. Thanks again for that link.

"The value of man lies not in the knowledge he possesses, or means to possess, but in the sincere pain which he hath taken to find it out." - G.E. Lessings