popeyefireman

protrack settings

I am starting to learn camera, and i just had a quick question. I have a Dytter and a Protrack and want to know what alt to set them. I know a lot of guys use two, but not sure were each of there tones are set to. Any help would be great.

"I Yam what I Yam"

I am not afriad to die, only to die without living.

For Tandems:
Assume the pull altitude is 5500

Your preference:
Some people would set it at 5500 so you know when the TM is pulling. If he pulls before the warning, it could be an indication of a bad spot, after and the TM could be in trouble.

Set at 6000 to give you an opportunity to pull back and get a full picture opening shot. Some like to go high and jam a little head down action, but I don't recommend that maneuver.

You could set it at 4500 so that at pull time you can flip on your back and film the opening sequence and know when a good time to flip back over is.

It's all up to you.

For tandems I set the first tone at an altitude about 500 feet above the tandem opening altitude for a head's up that the opening is coming. The next tone is set at my pull altitude and the third at 1500.

Same on fun jumps except I set the first tone to breakoff altitude.

Skydive Radio