sducoach

Priemer - Sony Dru510A -Sonic Problems

Running Premier 6.0 ( Pro is in the box waiting for new PC) installed a Sony DRU 510A with Sonic MyDVD and cannot import or burn Premier projects.

Any help or alternate DVD software you are using, please let me know or PM me.

Thanks and Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8

you cannot import premiere projects into DVD authoring apps like myDVD.

what you need to do is export a movie file from Premiere (an AVI file, a QUICKTIME file) and import that movie file to myDVD

I'm not sure if myDVD will transcode regular AVI or QUICKTIME movies to DVD mpeg files - but if not - you'll have to do this step manually. (but I think that myDVD WILL do that step automatically for you)

hope this helps. let me know if you need anything else.
Be Simple, Be Creative, Bee!
Sharon.

15 hours for an 18 min project ?!?

what are your computer specs? what kind of CPU do you have ? how much memory ?

Even with my older HP PIII 700MHz and 300MB of ram it would never take that long to render something so short ....
Be Simple, Be Creative, Bee!
Sharon.

Yeah, converting to high quality MPEG sucks. Period. (well, unless you have a mpeg converter card)

What program/settings are you using?

I recently did our year end video, (1 hr 10 min about), and each 3-5 minute segment took abou 3-5 hours to encode at vbr 2 pass, with high quality noise reduction.

Pisser was, that I ended up having to re-do it 3 times, as I kept missing settings (like interlaced input, interlaced output).. ugh.. I wasted about 1-2 weeks with that crap.

myDVD will do it, but I haven't been very successful with it. I use TMPGEnc, its free for 30 days and encodes pretty dang nice for the price. Rivals Procoder and other, more expensive encoders. The fee is like 50 bucks or so, and quite reasonable (additional features??).

I think premier can export mpeg2.. (at least the newest versions can).. is that what you are using?

By changing the quality and method (I ended up using CQ_VBR), the quality of the video is essentially the same, but it encodes a bit quicker.

If you are making something under an hour, you can go with straight CBR at max rate (as there will be no savings, and the DVD can hold it at the max rate). CBR should encode quicker. There is an exact calculation to figure out the true 'break even point' for this, but I can't remember it.

Hope that helps. PM me if you want more info.

j