freeflir29

Going Top...er I mean TAPELESS....

Lara Croft used one or something very similar in the last Tomb Raider movie. I looked into it last summer and it looked very interesting for -certain- things, but it is unsuitable for day-to-day camera flying -- no FireWire for instance.

Would make a bitchin' glove camera though for special shots.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Says right on the main page -- analog in and out -- but if you look at the specs page you'll see it has "USB streaming" whatever the F that is.

As for a hard drive in a skydive, that's also a slight issue depending on the altitude you're jumping at. Most micro-drives don't do well over a certain altitude since the heads are "floating" on a cushion of air.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The Microsoft guys were out with one of their very epensive toys one day. About $20k for a mini harddrive, that was connected to 5 mini cameras, facing 4 directions and up. 'Worn by a sit flyer.

We flocked around him. The video, w/ some fancy software was meant to be played in a dome screen room, so everywhere you looked, you had video 360 degrees. VEry cool tech.

However, the mini harddrive had fear of heights, and didn't work once we got out the door.

They did get some vid with 5 mini dv's connected to it though. I never saw the result. Would be rad, for sure.

----------------------------
bzzzz

However, the mini harddrive had fear of heights, and didn't work once we got out the door

That was certainly my thought on current drives. As far as I know they all work on very sensitve (To gravity) moving parts. I was just asking in case I missed something. Oh Well....give it a few years.....tapes will go!!!