alexey

Container like Vector, but with 1 kicker flap

Sorry for bad English....

We have here (in Russia) manufacturer, which make a popular local rig. Previous version have had reserve container, pretty like Vector - 2 kicker flaps, PC... In his new model he make onky one kicker flap - only bottom.
Have you any consideration about that???

Thanks...
Lexa

I know about one kicker.
It's not a problem. But, all rigs, which I ever seen with 1 kicker - have top kicker flap.
In that variant, there is only bottom. On my opinion, its smart thing - easier to pack, and the main thing - much easier extraction of dbag, no risk of jamming reserve bridle, ets...
But, if it's so good - why other manufacturers dont do the some?
Lexa

If there is no kicker flap, designers have to be far more careful with reserve deployment bag design.
For example. PISA's NARO has no kicker flaps, but it has a stiffener sewn into the d-bag.
Flexon, Talon, Voodoo have an even more sophisticated d-bag, and they also have a small diameter spring. Talon springs bottom out with only a thin layer of d-bag fabric separating them from the pack tray.

Yes, I know.
As we can see many rigs without kicker, and TSoed, its working...
But, I'm thinking about stupid-protected gear, which is max protected from bad workmanship, or speeddy rigging - and variant with bottom kicker flap is the best, on my opinion (it can be wrong easely...)
Lexa