gus

wide angle lense in the UK?

You can get this Lense on eBay from the same guy.I have a lot of experience with German made optics ( I have a few of their B&W filters ) based on this I am very confident this is a very superior lense and excellent quality....as are most German Engineered products.

i just bought one...will post when I know more.Thansk Steffen

The only 0.3 I can find online is the Raynox HD-3030PRO
from Jessops, is anyone using it?

I've looked at the at the Red Eye and the Diamond 0.3 but both are going to be over £100 by the time I get them to the UK. Anyone know of any alternatives over here?

Cheers,

Gus

Spend the money and get yourself Diamond you won't be sorry.

I have just recieved my Skyline 0.3x from xdream optics in Germany.

Fantastic piece of kit.I would highly recommend it to anyone.The construct and Optics are great.There is no Vignetting and no fish eye effect on the edges ( Only a little when you turn adjacent to a flat surface...which is normal. ) The image is flat and is solid with no distorsion of subject matter or surroundings even when close up.
I recieved in a well packaged box 4 days after ordering,comes registered post.The guy I delt with ( Christian Sester ) was a pleasure and very proffessional.

On their website ,the pics are not so good.But in your hands the image quality is fantastic...!!!

get one,if your serious about your video flying...you will be well chuffed. :D

You will not be charged any custom import taxes for shipping to UK or Europe.

I got my Skyline 0.3 on Friday (ordered it on Monday) and put 12 jumps on it over the weekend, I thought I'd post my thoughts.

Pros:

Lovely lense, feels nice and heavy.
Nice image, no vignetting, very little distortion.
Really small diameter and depth.
30mm thread so no need for 37 - 30 conversion ring.
Chris was very helpful, replied to emails quickly.
Quick delivery (4 days from Germany to the UK).
Cheaper than a Diamond 0.3.

Cons:

It's wide enough that it just catches the edge of my FFX helmet in the corner of the picture but I guess you could zoom in a tiny bit to avoid it if you wanted.
There's a gap between the back of the actual lense and the back of lense unit, I had to find some compressed air to clean out a few bits of dust. (Rubbish picture attached to illustrate what I mean.)
No lense cap.

All in all I'm really pleased. I've been using a Kenko 0.5 but for nice close freefly and wingsuit stuff it's just not wide enough, the 0.3 performed really well. Chris even threw in a free pair of goggles. B|

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Hi
Some good pointers on the cons,although I dont suffer any helmet intrusions.I have my cam mounted on a shitty old Gath...so its OK.

Im trying to find a lense Cap at the moment..But I might resort to making one out of Gaffer tape...!!! But all in all its a great lense and you get value for money !! Especially as most things in life now are too over priced...

Does using a step-up ring affect picture quality at all?

Well I suppose it increases the distance between the lense of the camcorder and the lense you're attaching but I've been using my Kenko 0.5 with a 30 to 37 ring with no obvious effect on the picture.

If you hadn't guessed, I don't really know.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com