freakydiver

PC9 Error 61....

After doing some snowboarding video this weekend, my camera is acting very very funny. I turn it on to Video mode to record whatever, focus isn't working and where the timeline normally sits is E61:00 flashing. I haven't looked in my Sony manual yet, but I imagine its not good. Might anyone know what this error means? Might anyone know what kind of warranty I might have with that camera (its only a year old)...

Thanks to all in advance!

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I posted the information from the PC100 service manual states for the E61:00 error. The alarms could be different but so far I have found that the alarms are mostly the same between the different PC cameras.

"E61:00
Difficult to adjust focus (Cannot initialize focus.)

Inspect the lens block focus MR sensor (Pin wf,wg of CN171 of CD-234 board) when focusing is performed when the control dial is rotated in the focus manual mode, and the focus motor drive circuit (IC401 of VC-227 board) when the focusing is not performed."

If you cannot find anything simple, it'll need service.

That's exactly whats happening. Focus... I've tried manual focus and (i was pretty wasted at 11:30 lat night doing this) but I think it finally got into a focus. I'm going to mess with it tonight. Anyone know how hard it would be to get the main lens off of a PC9 becuase to me it looks like there is stuff on the inside of the lens (small dust like particles) that may be having an effect on the camera.

Thanks again all for your information :)

I can only go off the PC100 and PC110. The PC100 is easy to break down, the 110 significantly harder. The lens assembly was one of the easier sections on both and comes out as one piece.

If it is contamination: canned air, q-tips and alcohol (for you and the camera) can clean it up. Otherwise, board level work would require special test equipment and a lab - plus, even minor parts end up being more expensive than Sony's flat rate plan.

I fixed mine once, where a single grain of sand jammed the capistan servo motor.

Sony has a repair ratee of 235 plus shipping I think. Basically they will replace anything broken, clean the camera, recalabrate it and ship it back to you.

They fixed my 110 last year when I broke the Firewire/Lanc board on it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Does a PC9 have a "reset" pin-button like the PC100?

I was having condensation probs with my PC100 which wouldn't clear after thorough drying. The "reset" button fixed it right up.

If you do this, you have to reset your clock and other settings (image stabilization, etc.)

HTH,
TroyK

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow" - George Clinton

Yah it indeed has the reset button - I think something is majorly wrong with my rig though. Resetted it numerous times, blew the hell out of it with some canned air...

Still getting the error )-:

Will I ever NOT have problems that cost 300 dollars to fix )-: )-:

BTW Troy - "Free your mind, and your ass will follow" - George Clinton

I just recently got George's autograph at LAX. Stumbled out of the pisser piss drunk waitin for my plane and there stands George Fuckin Clinton. No one else seems to notice its George, no crowd whatsoever around him. It was George alright, smelled like crack and booze! Could barely write, but I got the damn autograph!!!!!

Does anyone else get this error.

I go here:

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/dvimag/minidv/

I click on the link that says Reaching Sony 'Email' or 'Telephone' and it whisks me off to a freakin SonyStyle USA page with some products to purchase.

WTF is up - is it just me????