murrays

Beer!

So, last weekend the planets all lined up or something....I managed to get over to a friend's and get my D-Box mounted on my Bonehead Optik. (I'd post pictures but it is in my car and my wife has the car at work)

On Sunday I went out to the DZ and managed to get in three jumps with my new baby. Lots of fun! it must be nearly 15 years since I jumped a still camera and I was pleasantly surprised how little I noticed the extra weight of the sidemounted PC-1. Truly not an issue at all. I noticed a bump of riser against D-Box on one opening but otherwise nothing.

I am jumping a Stiletto 135 that I had relined over the winter and it is behaving itself quite nicely...slow openings, on heading or a 90 degree turn just when it finished opening. Some of you may remember giving me advice on my squirelly openings over the winter...it seems that the reline and other repairs (two topskins) have made a definite difference.

I am using a Diamond .3 and intend on just wearing this camera every skydive...4-way, coach jumps, whatever comes along..over the summer. I'm sure that as time goes along I will be moving my head less and my eyes more during skydives but it is neat to have the footage that this lens allows me to capture.

A few more mods to the D-Box are in order to enable me to use a remote and plug in to the A/V out but I'm very happy with the results thus far.

Thanks to everybody on here for contributing to my and others' questions...I've learned a lot from everybody over the winter. It's been a real education for me after being very inactive for the last 8-9 years! In many ways I feel like a beginner again after 23 years and 2100+ jumps...which is great because how can you get tired of something that still makes you feel like a beginner after 20+ years!

And yes...for the first time in years I am glad to be buying beer!

Blue skies everybody,
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey