MichelleRichard

Sony DCR-IP5

keep watching and following the threads on the IP5 cams... they are starting to list specific problems with the cams including (but not limited to) the controls on the right side of the cam where they are hard to reach, buttons too close together, and it not compatible with video editors due to the format.

if you want a small cam, stick with a PC5. how much smaller do ya really need them? ;)

just my .02

Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I'd like to know specifically why this camera is not good for skydiving.

Inability to swap footage with your friends (while maintaining quality), and inability to edit are my two huge issues.
I guess it depends on what kind of skydiving you're doing. If you are just shooting tandem video, dropping it out to an analog VCR for editing, and never getting any one else's footage, I guess it would work fine. On the other hand, if that's all you're doing, why not save a bunch of money and buy an old hi-8 camera? It'll do all that just as well, if not better, and be much cheaper to both purchase and maintain.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com