murrays

Override/Trick Automatic Shutdown?

I have just been looking at some software (mac) called) Stop Motion Studio that allows you to use your dv-cam to do stop motion videos...like claymation. This works by having the dv-cam in camera mode and connected to my computer by firewire and then pressing the space bar when you want to capture a frame.
I would like to do time lapse photography..i.e. a shot every second or half second or longer. I've exchanged e-mail with the software developer and he thinks this would be something he could easily incorporate into the software. But I'm pretty sure that my digicam would power down (Sony PC-1) after a few minutes. The software developer isn't sure how this could be overridden to permit this usage.
I ran through all my menu choices (I don't have a manual) and the only two that I can think of would be a choice called "Commander" - which I don't know what it does or "Demo Mode"....which doesn't seem to do anything.
Anybody out there have any ideas or suggestions?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

As jumphog said. Without a tape in the camera it wont power down but after about 5 mins it will go into Demo mode and start showing off (I guess its for when one is stuck in the window of a shop) so also turn off demo mode.
Rich M

As jumphog said. Without a tape in the camera it wont power down but after about 5 mins it will go into Demo mode and start showing off (I guess its for when one is stuck in the window of a shop) so also turn off demo mode.

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions...taking the tape out and turning off demo mode worked perfectly. I had my camera on a tripod for over an hour making a Play-doh animation (with my 3 and 5 year old sons helping) and the camera never powered down. I should be good to go for doing time-lapse photography.

Blue skies,
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey