AndyMan

Canon 1D review...

I wanted to post a link to the review of the Canon 1D 11 megapixel body.

They're only just hitting the market, and appear to be overpriced - currently at $8000, but expected to retail for $5000ish.

What's really interesting is that the review is co-authored by a guy named Thomas Knoll. This is key because Thomas is a very well respected expert in digital imagine - in fact, he was largely responsible for creating Photoshop.

The other key factor is that this appears to be the first digital camera with a HIGHER resolution then 35mm. Read the article:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/1ds/1ds-field.shtml

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Around 2 years ago a 6-megapixel SLR camera was $18,000. They actually sold these for that price. I guess the new Canon is just another step in the progression that seems to be going nuts. (in a good way). Now they have them for $2000. The digital cameras are just computers. As soon and you get one its outdated and the next one is often cheaper or better for the same money. I've been doing freefall digitals for 2 years now and watched this happen with my cameras.
I also finally have some Canon D60 photos posted as my computer is going again. These are all shot with the D60. The swoop progression on one photo shows how fast the camera is. :)-Tony H.
http://www.tonyhathaway.com/gallery%20D60%20october/index.htm
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.