freefallin14

JVC GR-DVM55U

Hello all, newbie to this forum. Am thinking of starting to fly the camera. Was leaning towards a PC-9, but saw this JVC camera for 600 bucks. I'd be saving almost 400 bucks going with this as opposed to the PC-9. I will be freeflying with it, and filming tandems eventually. I know Sony's are better quality, but is there anything wrong with using the JVC's? Fire away people, I want to hear your opinions and experiences.
Thanks,
Bret

catch 22 you get what you pay for but you also pay for the name :)i wanna use it to film while i am skydiving i was wondering how the jvc gr- dvm55u handels shaky conditions, high wind, moisture, lots of movment etc etc questions like that :) when it comes down to it though a $600 camera isnt going to give you anywhere near the quality or features but if it does the job that you want then id get it :)
(o):P(o)

Thanks for the reply, I have been finding more JVC's for cheaper on Ebay and such. In particular, the DVM 90U, the DVM 75U. Does anyone have any experience with these, or know of buddies who do? What do you mean when you say cheaper cameras "flutter"? The picture becomes shakey? I am most likely going to save up and go with the Sony, but i first wanted to see if these JVC's were just as good, and people stayed away because it doesn't have the Sony name on it.
Thanks,
Bret

yer basicly you have no doubt seen a home movue where the picture you are watching "shakes" well the camera can get rid of it to a degree most digital cameras come with optical or digital stabilizers which "stabilise" the picture to get rid or slightly shaky hands you experience the same type of thing in the air however with cheaper cameras it is lower quality or non existant. also i dont know us prices but the cheaper cameras are usually not dv format if you are going to get a camera get dv its more expensive but much better i wont get into details (there are posts on this fourom about it if you want to look) also most if not all of the other jumpers at your dz will also have dz so be carful of that
(o):P(o)