Ross

PC-10

anyone have this the sony PC-10? what do you think of it? is it the same size as the PC-100 and 110?
does it use the same batteries? would you buy it used? and can you get replacement cords and batteries for it? thanks

hi ross, i had had one. it´s a great choice, and it would be better if you use an wide angel lens. the sizes are a little different but not much. about the batteries i think they don´t use the same, but i´m not sure. i know very well that the pc 100 use a 7.2 volt batterie , the avaible types from sony for the pc 100 are NP-FM 50, NP-FM 70, NP-FM 90 they´ll cost about 70-160$, the pc 4 or 5 for example just use a 3.6 volt batterie. perhaps you´ll buy you a magazine like digital imaging or any other video magazine and normally there´s a big list with dealers inside. when you live inside the us, you can take a look at www.jandr.com it´s a big shop located in ny. or ask the sony technical support you´ll found it under www.sony.com. i hope i could help you.
blue skies ditch 9276

I haven't gotten a close up look yet at a PC-100 or PC-110 but I think the size is very close from the pictures I've seen. I use a PC-10 and have found it to be a bit more rugged than the PC-1 or 7 which makes it great for skydiving.

By US law, manufacturers are required to supply parts for 7 years - the time needed to fully depreciate and write off equipment. (Don't quote me hear because I think you can depreciate electronics equipment over just 5 years.) I once owned a 007 from JVC which was only manufacured in a relatively small quantity. I had no trouble ordering cables and spare parts from JVC 5 years after they stopped making it. They no longer kept those things in stock but delivered my order after custom making them by hand.

Would I buy it again? As a cheaper alternative to the 110 or 100, yes. Do they use the same batteries? Nope! One word of advise, don't ever let the PC-10 batteries fully self-discharge. This means charging them once a month when you're not using the camera. Other than that little hassle, I have no complaints about my PC-10.

For what it's worth, that's my 3 cents.

- Chris Norton