rdesilets

Big Way Skydiving Document

I know there are a lot of articles and posts on big way formation skydiving available but I wanted to add one more to the list.

Attached is a document that Hollie Reno and I put together for a Big Way Camp at CPI a few years ago.
Pepperell is putting on a 1 day camp August 2, 2008 and we are going to go through this document with attendees (so I found it buried on my hard drive and made a few changes).

I thought it might be useful for others interested in learning/reviewing the concepts of big way skydiving.

Here it is:

http://www.icalc.com/download.php?fileID=bigwaycamp.pdf

-Rob

This is excellent stuff for bigway newbies like me. Although I have been to Perris P3, I was given a Kate Cooper document in advance that was remarkably similiar to this one.

To everybody going to their first bigway camp, I recommend reading these documents to gain insight about bigways -- highly recommended reading! Rules do vary a bit but the general principles and terminology (i.e. stadium, radials) is essentially the same at the Perris P3 bigway camp.

Worth a download, print, read on the airplane ride to the bigway camp...

Of course, the official document handout at the particular bigway camp will override things if there are any divergences, but it's useful pre-study...