markn

one piece vs. two piece suits

looking at adds and websites i've noticed one and two piece freely suits. what are some of the pros and cons for both.

i'm not looking for info on specific brands of suits, but rather more general info on the pros and cons of two vs. one piece suits.

thanks.

--
markn

PROs:

One suit gives you A freefly top for strictly sit-fly jumps , think sit-suit w/o wings (or i'm sure you can them with wings if you ask nicely). It gives you Freefly pants for doing primarily Headdown stuff- especially nice on really hot days, you can go in pants a tshirt or just skin, even. OR you can put both on and have a whole freefly suit.

It's about flexibility, really. Along with the reasons for using one piece/vs another stated above, you also gain more fine-grained fall-rate control... need a faster headdown? cool, leave off your top and loose all the arm drag.

Another swell point is that if you mess up one piece, you can wash/replace/repair one piece while still using the other.

Cons: i guess you can lose one piece more easily, leave one behind, etc... I also imagine that certain setups may have issues with riding up or riding down on the jumper.. but i'm sure there are ways around that.

Anyone else wanna fill in any blanks?

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time