Islandcool

Elsinore 4-way Social weekend

Good Stuff. Spent Saturday doing some informal coached 4 way some jumps had video. It wasn't supposed to officially strat until 4 pm that night with seminars and dinner. Then Sunday 5 coached jumps with Video. Satuday I got in 3 jumps all coached but due to the turnout we were able to jump with a variety of differnet folks. All good stuff. At 4 pm the Seminar took place with Mel Curtis, Lou, Erin, and John Hamilton. They covered a lot of points about forming a team, goals, expecations, commitment, the traits of the different slots, the hows, and the whys of 4 way competition. A lot of topics where discussed and covered very well. We were scheduled to meet at 7:45 am on Sunday morning to do a team stretch and schedule our day. I think were were going to run through the day just as a 4 way team would during a routine practice day. Walkthroughs, dirt dives, debriefing and so on. Unfourtunately weather didn't permit us to complete the socal on Sunday. (Can you belive it was fricking snowing in Lake Elsinore). There was about a dozen participants. Mel Curtis Said shw was going to schedule a "Rain Day" soon so we could complete the camp. Anyone that is interested in 4 way I really think should look into attending. I would suggest emailing Mel Curtis at Skydive Elsinore if you are interested. I think her email address is on the website but I think she also has an account here on Dropzone.com

Good stuff guys.

Blues,

Ed

Thanks for the kudos, Ed! Yeah, mother nature stepped in on Sunday with a spectacle I have never seen before since I've lived in California! :o

Anyway, we have rescheduled our jumping day for December 11th, Saturday-- and can use Sunday, the 12th for our snow-day this time. :D The format for the day is what Ed described-- we will be doing 3-on-1's with video (of course), full prep, and full debrief. We'll mix people up in groups, so everyone can get to jump with a variety of different people and coaches. If anyone who couldn't come last weekend wants to get involved for these dates, email me at [email protected], and hopefully we will have slots remaining! The more 4-way teams we can get going, the better in my opinion, so I'll do my best to include everyone who wants in. :$

So that's the scoop-- any questions, I'm all ears!
4-waaaaaaaaaay,
Mel ;)