andy2

side sliding/back sliding to take a dock

is it ok to back slide/side slide to take a dock if you think its coming in too fast, or would you be better off just getting out of the way and letting the guy go past fast? Is it a bad habit to get into to do this (I know I'd only be able to do it during a 2 way anymore than that and the ENTIRE formation would have to slide together which doesnt sound too feasible/practical). My one big worry about jumping with other inexperienced folks is theyre going to slam into me trying to get to me. :P

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

is it ok to back slide/side slide to take a dock if you think its coming in too fast, or would you be better off just getting out of the way and letting the guy go past fast? Is it a bad habit to get into to do this (I know I'd only be able to do it during a 2 way anymore than that and the ENTIRE formation would have to slide together which doesnt sound too feasible/practical). My one big worry about jumping with other inexperienced folks is theyre going to slam into me trying to get to me. :P

If you anticipate a hard dock, either get out of the way or set up to absorb the shock. If you slide to "assist", the other party will just blame you for backsliding:(

In 10 Way Speed competitions hard docks are the order of the day. Here are a couple of 12 second completions. Notice how the jumpers absorb the shock.

10-way speed 1
10-way speed 2

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.