mujie96

Triathlon???

>how does the Triathlon compare?

It's a nice canopy. I've jumped the Tri-160 and Tri-135 a lot, and both worked well for me. Openings are very smooth, on heading and consistent. Minor drawbacks are not as powerful flare as the Spectre, and not as good glide as a Sabre, but those things weren't a big issue for me at the time.

If you can get a good deal on it, it's a pretty decent choice for an intermediate jumper ready to downsize (i.e. once you can do everything on your current canopy - flare turn, flat turn, land w/rear risers etc.)

Sorry to dig up a super old thread...

@ $700, is the Tri not the steal of the goddamn century? I'm tempted to buy one for my next rig (a good year away) because i simply can't see myself finding a used/new canopy that cheap anywhere, especially as it's a bit more docile than most and therefore ideal for the first few hundred jumps @ 135sq.ft.

Any flaw in that plan?

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

Sorry to dig up a super old thread...

@ $700, is the Tri not the steal of the goddamn century? I'm tempted to buy one for my next rig (a good year away) because i simply can't see myself finding a used/new canopy that cheap anywhere, especially as it's a bit more docile than most and therefore ideal for the first few hundred jumps @ 135sq.ft.

i checked their stock, just for shits and giggles, pretty limited... but if the size is right, seems spot on.

Any flaw in that plan?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I remember when PISA became Aerodyne. They were selling off their ZP.exe canopies (and all the others too) for about half price.

I'm still kicking myself now for not wiring them the cash the minute i found out. Ended up shelling out three times the price for a Sabre2!

hell, square1 have tris with 400j and spectres with twice that for $800...

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

I remember when PISA became Aerodyne. They were selling off their ZP.exe canopies (and all the others too) for about half price.

I'm still kicking myself now for not wiring them the cash the minute i found out. Ended up shelling out three times the price for a Sabre2!

hell, square1 have tris with 400j and spectres with twice that for $800...

I hear ya. would have been a good investment, just to turn it around and resell it later.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

wifes new 160 delivered in 3 days
when ordered she was told she gets a free t-shirt

when delivered she got no shirt and the steering lines were 2 differant lenghts 4.50 inch differance

notified aero. and they sent new lines and shirt

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com