LoudDan

Big Thanks for Great Success

The LOUD SKILLZ Swoop Camp held @ ASC this past weekend was a was by all measures a huge success. Foremost I'd like to thank all of the pilots who atteneded and a special thanks to Christie(sp?) for taking such good care of all of the pilots and shooting some fantastic video. I'd also like to thank ASC and DZM Tyler Lawson for letting me put on this camp. Big thanks to Kat and Katie (the manifest girls) for getting us on any and every load we requested. Huge appreciation goes to Karl our pilot for providing meteorlogical info, math solutions and fantastic spotting all day Saturday and Sunday, and to all the packers that kept us on those loads. Finally I'd like to thank Jay Moledzki for making time in his impossibly busy schedule and helping each and every pilot individually and as a group to better themselves.

Participants were: Myself, Dan & G (who drove all the way down from Illinois), Noah Bahnson, Ron Stamey (who was recognized as most improved pilot), Sun Man, Travis Stewart, Aaron Anderson, and Brian Ward.

Weather was amazingly cooperative in that as soon as the classroom portion was over on Saturday the clouds broke, and we headed sky side. Sundays weather was even better and we managed 15 training jumps over two days (6 on Saturday 9 on Sunday) with debriefs after every jump.

We kicked off the camp working on basic pattern establishment which which quickly turned into turn point positioning in relation to the course and building power in the turn. All of this culminated into firing all of the power built in the turn straight thru the gates and down range. The last two jumps on Sunday were fantastic flocking jumps which challenged each pilot to fly their high performance canopy (median wing loading right around 2.3) in an assigned slot at a controlled speed. After working so hard all weekend to improve our individual skills it was truly amazing to experience just how skilled each pilot was while flying together in the flock.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I gained some knowledge, honed some skillz, made some new friends, and had a fantastic time doing it........you know........what skydiving is all about.

For those that attended look for another camp coming around again in probably 3 months or so, for those that didn't get a chance talk to those that did, and show up next time.

Thanks again to all and swoop safe.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!