chutingstar

Gear stolen from Alabama Skydiving

I'm going to list all of this later tonight in the stolen gear section, but I just wanted to get this out there in case anyone hears anything or comes across this gear. This really sucks...

Anyway, we had 6 complete rigs stolen from Alabama Skydiving in Pell City this week. Two Strong tandem rigs, one Javelin rental rig, one Mirage rental rig and two staff rigs (Javelin and Infinity).

There is a reward for information leading to the recovery of any or all equipment. 1800505JUMP.

The complete list is attached. Thanks for your help.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Stolen rig list.doc

I saw this in the Birmingham News today. I'm glad some of your rigs were recovered!

Man sought in theft of skydiving goods:

Pell City police have issued a warrant for a 37-year-old Birmingham man sought in the theft of an estimated $90,000 worth of skydiving equipment from Alabama Skydiving's offices at the St. Clair County Airport.

Detective George Massey said Christopher Wade Davis of 16th Ave. South in Birmingham failed twice to show up for questioning and is believed to have fled the state. Massey said the warrant issued Tuesday charges Davis with first-degree theft of property stemming from the burglary on Dec. 12.

Massey said all but two of the eight stolen riggings packed with parachutes and automatic activation devices have been recovered with the assistance of the Moody Police Department and an employee of the skydiving club's parent company, Adventure Skydiving of Atlanta.

Darryal Ray --
Pink Mafia Sis #26