scotttodaro

looping

Hi all,

I know the guy in the video. He lives and flies in the same area as me. It's Raul Rodriguez - pretty much undisputed acro master of the world.....

Just a few things you might find interesting:

The trick has been a progression of various tricks : SAT -> Tumbling -> Infinity (with a trick called 'rythmic SAT' also involved in the progression)

The SAT creates a situation where the pilot is travelling backwards and the wing forwards (ie. not negative). It involves a lot of weight shift, and break input just at the right time when entering a spiral.

Tumbling happens when you enter a SAT during a masive wing-over (looping) - but in the past they have always lost energy and have been restricted to about 3 loops.

Infinity happens when you get the conditions just right from a high energy tumbling and manage to let the glider fly (no brake input)....infinitely!!

Not all paragliders will do this, he went through several prototypes to find one which did it properly.

His brother fell in the glider trying it, but managed to get out and throw the reserve.

He's being flying since he was about 12, and must be coming up for 30 now.

He's made a number of commercial videos and has a team called SAT - I'm sure you'll find them on the internet.

Here's a link to a video (27Mb) with some more examples.

http://www.acromania.nl/video/AcroAndes2005.wmv

You'll find more video on the same site.

Chao.

His brother fell in the glider trying it, but managed to get out and throw the reserve.

Now- i know this question maybe off topic.. but what are the "proper" procedures in the event of a gift wrapped person?

Just intrested, I have never heard of how to fix a shitty situation like that, and would honestly love to know.

Do they train that to paraglider pilots? I know i've never been told what to do if i self gift wrap myself (I hope to god i never will...)