gus

Anyone jumped a Faqtor?

I've seen a few adverts for the new Paratec Faqtor and wondered what it's like, anyone out there jumped one? What does it best compare to?

I put a few jumps on a Quadra 150 (@ 1.2) but didn't like it much.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Test jumped a Faqtor 135 (loaded at 1.6) a couple of months ago.

Handles a lot like the Safire except for the front risers which are very very light. Double fronts will put you into a dive with a very long recovery arc (you really need to plane it out).

Opening was normal - took about 600 feet at terminal. Landing it was very like the Safire, you can surf it or just land normally.

Handles a lot like the Safire except for the front risers which are very very light. Double fronts will put you into a dive with a very long recovery arc (you really need to plane it out).

I'll double that. One of our experienced jumpers (1000 jumps) test jumped a Faqtor and hooked it into the ground, was very lucky to walk away, it looked and sounded like a double femur from where I was - about 20ft away. Mind you the guy is a dickhead - 1st attempt hooking on a canopy hes never flown was at his normal stilletto hook height - never bothered to gently investigate and learn the flight characteristics of the canopy first. He doesn't listen to anyone either, doesn't think he has anything to learn.
Rich M