superstu

NWCPC EVENT 4 RESULTS

The NWCPC had its 4th meet this past weekend at Eugene Skydivers in Oregon. The meet it self went off without a hitch and everything went pretty smooth and safe. Again the competition atmosphere was friendly and educational, with everyone learning a lot. We had 7 competitors show up for this meet and at 9am we started the competition with distance.

Bryan Gile was the overall winner for this event flying very effeciently and cleanly through 5 of the 6 rounds. Tom Phillips came in a close second and Jim Renfro came in 3rd. All of whom recieved cash and prizes from our regions sponsors.

Our last meet will be held on September 3rd over the pond at skydive oregon and will be the last time some of the competitors will get to fine tune some of their skills before the championships in Colorado.

I would like to give a big thanks to Scott R, Bryan J, and Kim C, for helping out with the judging. They have the toughest job out there and they've stuck it out throughout the whole season. With out these guys none of this would be possible, so thank you guys!

I would also like to thank our sponsors for this event:
Infinity
Performance Designs
Alti-2
Body Sport USA
Opening Shock
Hop N' Pop productions

Again they provided excellent prizes for this event, and at the last event on the 3rd of September we will be giving away some major prizes including major discounts on canopies and containers.

Hopefully we'll see all of you at the next one, keep safe...Stu

Event 4 standings:
1-Gile (vx)
2-Tom (xaos)
3-Renfro (vx)
4-Dan (velocity)
5-Brad (velocity)
6-Stu (vx)
7-Steve (katana)
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

there was a 3 way tie for first so it came down to the distance scores...AGAIN

we need more rounds per category(event), back when the PST was in version 1.0 the advanced guys, like me, had to buy helicopter tickets for three rounds per event....why the hell are we only doing two rounds per event?

that's what Brad and i were trying to explain about this new judging system we came up with before this comp, it would have alleviated that tie better than just going off the longest distance. but people want to stick with what they know.

personaly for these smaller comps i think we need to change how judging is done because we don't have the mass amounts of data that they have in the bigger comps like PST.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I say the last comp at SDO should be six rounds of in-lane carving (water displacement like at the Ranch meet)

Have you ever tried this? It's REALLY difficult but it's kick-ass when you get it right.

I'll be doing 630 degree turns for the last comp, just for kicks...not on all the rounds, you know just mixin -em in when it feels right

That's true, I am flying a Velo, it'll be for sale along with all of my other gear after the last comp...

I really like the canopy, but the colors aren't what I want to keep for ever, ya know?

I threw 630's on both rounds of the swoop comp I was asked me to organize for the all-inclusive boogie @ SDO (where the hell were you on that one?), I just neet to practice a couple more of them and then that move will be competition ready.