ianmdrennan

Southeast CPC Round 3 - Culman AL

Well holy shit was that a tough competition. In fact, I don't think I've ever had such a toughie!!

Special congrats go out to Mark Shimell for a 2.1x second run through the speed course (and arguably his best competition to date) AND Paul Roussouw for a 404 foot distance run. Both local CPC records! Also congratulations to Katie Drennan for her first swoop event ever (beer!) and who scored a 158 on a distance run doing 90 degree turns on a KA 107 loaded @ 1.3!! Also congrats to Larry and Travis for their first swoop meets.

The level in this region astounds me. It's getting unbelievably hard to win one of these things with everyone bringing their A game! For example I had a 307.5 and a 302 distance run and that put me in 3rd for distance!! With Brian McNenny doing a 309 and a 315 (I think) in 2nd, AND Paul Roussouw absolutely decimating us on his new JVX with a whopping 404 and a 391 for distance!

Zone accuracy was TOUGH, with brutally hard ground leaving all but one competitor really beaten up with plenty of road rash to go around (trust me, a lot of us are going to be sore for quite some time :S). This was the round that ultimately ended up cost some of us the event and helping others regain lost ground. A close race to the very end. Great job everyone!

Top 5 (announced) placing:
1) Brian McNenny
2) Mark Shimell
3) Paul Rousouw
4) Ian Drennan
5) Travis Stewart (guest)
Performance Designs Factory Team

its going to be 6 months before i can score well in zone accuracy, my freakin tailbone is KILLING ME!!!! i think i broke it...... jeese it hurts....

but poor brian decided to sacrifice more than us and dislocated his shoulder.... DAMN! that has got to hurt.... but everyone kept going...

and ian, yes it is tough. i think brian needs to watch his ass, because there is a pack of us just WAITING to take him down!!!.. we got you, now its brians turn!B|

i dont think im going to be able to sit for a month....

Paul Roussouw absolutely decimating us on his new JVX with a whopping 404 and a 391 for distance!

what pisses me off is he had less than 10!!! yes 10!!! jumps on that canopy!!!.... i hate to see him when he gets it dialed in!...:S

we got you, now its brians turn!

Heh, it's all good. Now I get to make a comeback :)
Unfortunately some bad decisions in ZA took me out of the running. It's all good, I learned something and hopefully next time I'll apply the knowledge correctly :)

my freakin tailbone is KILLING ME!!!! i think i broke it...... jeese it hurts....

Yeah no shit. Thomaston has hard ground as well so you better heal fast. You had us worried for a second there on that distance run where you clobbered your tailbone! I thought you were out after that.

Oh, and my ass feels like I've been in jail for a year with a big dude named Bubba! :D Maybe I should spend an hr with a water hose softening the ground over the ZA target area in Thomaston :D

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I thought you were out after that.

i did too, but i cant give up... i just cant land on my ass again for a few months, so im sure my scores with go down. but i just need top 5.... so i should be ok.. we will see....

I had lots of fun, and learned alot. :)
As all the competitors already know...Verticals suk.[:/]
Especially the ones where you are within a few inches.....BAH! :S

Overall I was happy with my performance and will be looking forward to more competitions in the near future.

Brian sacrificed his body for the competition....Something I wasn't doing. I guess that is why I am the only one not hurting yesterday, or today. Oh and That is why I was in 5th too. It is hard to get used to the idea of slamming yourself to the ground after many many jumps of trying to keep from it, but I am sure I can get around that. :D

Congrats to everyone for a safe competition and I hope everyone can have many more!

oh....and I think Shimells new saying is "ow my ass"
my power is beyond your understanding.

im going shopping, at the next comp, i will look like the michelin man! soft padding stuffed EVERYWHERE....

Maybe you should contact Charmin for a sponsorship.:D:D:D

Congrats everyone on a safe comp.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

hey folks

i just wanted to say thanks for a great comp, once again the competition standards were rediculously high. Shimmel had one of the best comps i have seen him in. brian was his usual consistent self pulling ahead when others messed up. and ian did great still only coming up in fourth. this in my opinion just shows the high levels in this group. its like the world cup all over again.

thanks to you guys especially for the support i was given with my new canopy and my early performance on it. but i warn you there is some distance still left in it!!!

i cant wait till thomaston.

paul