j3zz

Entry into the world of swooping

Just got caught up on this thread and must say I have a good friend who has 5000 jumps and as he was learning to swoop after all these years he got hurt bad. Did 5000 jumps give him any advantage over you? Nope 5000 or 130 you can die while learning and you know this. So keep asking and ignore the non swoopers and listen to the swoopers just weed out the bs they sometimes forget some wont ever get to jump for a living. and by the way i only have 800 jumps maybe 3 every other weekend and I can swoop my fx like no other I just learned slow and safe.. Blue ones

Why is everybody in a hurry to learn swooping?

I think we have to anticipate on the next generation skydivers.
When I started skydiving the Stilletto and the Bluetrack (pro) was new and you need at least 500 jumps before you could jump it. Now students are learning to skydive with a Sabre 240 on there back. Here is already a big difference. I learned skydiving with a Manta 288 and my first canopy was a Pd170. Already fast stuff. I was lucky, I had good instructors.
I learned that there is a difference in between canopy control and swooping. Two completely different things but you can not learn to swoop without learning to control your canopy.
Keep on working on your landings. Soon you will discover how to swoop and please, do not stop asking questions, the stupidest question is the one you did not asked. Never mind the people who think you do not have reasons to ask questions.

Greetz

A FreeFly Gypsy