hkf

Rear Risers

Don't lose any sleep over a hater...

There is a misconception though that you seem to believe - that being that your canopy will not return to level flight after a dive. It will. It might take a while, but it eventually will. Now, whether or not the ultimate power band for the swoop is just after it has levelled out, or just before requiring a slight bit of input is a different argument.

Anyway, carry on as you were. You're right, there is nothing in your original post that implies you are planning on bringing anything to the ground anytime soon. And shit, as far as I'm concerned, somebody with 3 jumps can practice rear riser flares at 5000 ft.

The dumb posts are the ones that ask:
am I ready to downsize?
should I try and land with rears?
can I do a blindman-ghostrider?
etc.

Keep learnin'
Canuck

Thanks for confirming that for me, thought I might be going mad.
Would just like to say to all that responded (softopenings aside) that I found this a really useful and productive thread, and I will be practicing these techniques up high.

Winter seems to have hit us in the UK now so our currency does suffer, I will practice these drills throughout the winter, and once next season has kicked off and after I get really current again I will start gettting instruction on bringing this technique into my swoop.