sabregrl

Sabre 2s vs Stilletos

I was able to demo a Sabre 2 150 for the past 3 weekends. I like the openings and loved the landings. For those of you who have had experience with both Sabre 2's and Stilleto's, can you tell me the differences you've observed in their performance? Just an FYI - I am not a hook turn-swooper-type person if that helps in your reply.

I only have 3 jumps an a SabreII. I have many jumps on my Stiletto. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Any statements comparing the two are useless. There is too much difference between the two canopies. Both are good canopies. BUT it 's like automobiles... like the Hummer compared to the Chevy Blazer. What do you need?? Then get it!!
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

They are quite different, but here are some of the differences:

The Stilleto has a flatter glide then the Sabre2, the Stilleto turns faster. Both can be flown very docilly or very aggressively, it all depends on the person jumping the canopy.

(I have about 20 jumps on a Sabre2 and about 30 on a Stilleto).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Having never flown a Stilleto this might be a bogus opinion but I really like the Sabre 2. I did have some problems with off heading openings until I figured out that you have to "fly" the risers during deployment. Before I was hanging there like a sack of potatoes. They Bill the Sabre 2 as the best "all around" canopy and I am tempted to agree. I let Steve Sanderson fly mine loaded at 1.2 or so and he said he got a great swoop out of it. I can get 150' or so just from front risers. I love it and see no real reason to change in the near future. Sounds like you wil never be in a swoop competion so I recommend the Sabre 2.

Mike

i've got 30+ jumps on the sabre 2 and love the hell out of it, I'm buying sabre 2.. blue white, treats me well.1.1 -1.35 loaded............

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky