garywainwright

Xaos Lineset

A friend of mine needs some new lower brake lines for his Xaos21 - 108. He has sent precision several emails and tried UK dealers who have emailed Precision with no joy.
I believe Precison now sell the Xaos with dacron lower brake lines - Is this true?
Should he just have a rigger measure the lines on it and make some new ones from dacron?

Thanks
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

Gary,

Yes we can provide the lower control lines. And they are constructed of 400lb. dacron. Price is $40 plus shipping. They can be changed in the field as no sewing/bartacking is required, simply remove the old ones and loop the new ones onto the upper control lines.

(Please forward previous emails directly to [email protected], remove nospam, I am wondering where the email communication failed, thanks!)

Chris

Oh... you can have a local rigger build them too... the HMA lines will still be the correct length to use as a pattern. If 400 lb dacron is not available, he can use 525 lb (more readily available). With Dacron, we use "cat'seyes" instead of loops, as they will pass through the guide ring smoother.

Hope this helps,

Chris

speaking of the cats eyes instead of the regular loops. They need to be made much smaller. I bought a xaos 27 with those enormous "catseyes" and almost had mal because of it. The metal part of my toggle went through the eye and I couldnt get it out. Fortunately i was able to land my canopy on one rear and the other toggle. But this problem could happen again for other people