jedeisurf

XAOS 81

Have you ever wing loaded something that high before?

Whether it's cross braced or not?

I think 2.2 is optimal for something like a Xaos but you can wingload it higher, you will just bomb out of the sky quicker than everyone else...

Good luck with it...

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

I have come across a real good deal on a Xaos 21 81 I currently jump a crossfire 1 109. I would like some opinions on if this is too much downsizing at once .
Thanks David
ps wing loading would be 2.3 compaired to 1.75

Jedei,

The best idea is always to downsize gradually... going from a 109 to an 81 is a major leap (no pun intended). It will cut your margin for error down to a fraction of what you have under the 109.

btw, did you lose some weight recently? Your profile says that your wing loading for your X-Fire is 1.83. If that is correct, then your loading for the 81 Xaos would actually be like 2.5 (doh!)

Chris W

I went from a Crossfire 99(500 jumps/1000 jumps overall) (1.87/1) to a Xaos 21-85 and it was a huge step! I jump at a huge dropzone with wide open outs and survived but wouldn't recommend such a huge drop unless you jump you're ass off and fly it very conservatively! I jump more than 500 jumps a yr. Learn to flat turn it first off. This type of canopy will dive in a turn twice as long as the Xfire! The money you save on this great deal will certainly be paid back in doctor bills if you are not extremely careful!